Tuesday 10 February 2015

The Maze Runner (A Review)

Hello everyone! :)
So anyway, as my foot trouble is going I've heard nothing new, Hopefully I'll hear something later today, anbd I pray, that it is a good result! But today I'm not really talking about that. Today I'm talking about the movie I watched on Saturday.
Now, just so you know, I have no idea how good from book-to-movie this is. I hope to read the books soon. :)

The Maze Runner is a movie which is very interesting. Don't get me wrong. I really enjoyed it. It was a good movie, but if you want a clear-cut plot then you'd better go and find something else to watch. :)
Plot:
Basically it's about a colony of people who live in a glade in the middle of the maze. They get sent new supplies and one new person each month, and each and everyone one of them only remembers what their name is. They have no idea who they were before the maze. And no idea why they were sent to the maze, either. They've been trying to chart the maze for three years, trying to find a way out of it, but with not very much success at all. They have a few people who go out into the maze each day, charting it, and they are called Maze-Runners, but they always need to get back to the glade before sun set as the maze blocks the entrance to the glade at that time. No one has ever survived a night in the maze. Ever.
 Thomas (the main character) is sent to the maze and is more determined, and curious then most others, thinking and trying new ways to get out of the maze. And he becomes a Maze-Runner. That's all I'm going to tell you about the plot. :) Otherwise it would ruin it all. :)

The characters I want to cover:
Thomas: Thomas was a good main character and seemed different than the other people in the glade. Which obviously meant that the plot went forward nicely. It is hard to formulate how much you like a character if you don't have much back story, but he was still a good lead.

Chuck: Okay, he was just really cute. I feel really sad that he has no idea who his parents were. 'sniff' He is so much younger than everyone else, which makes him stand out more. And I don't want to say very much about him because I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

Newt: Newt was probably one of my favourite characters. He certainly knows how to look out for people and is wise enough to see that Thomas is the one they need to follow.

Gally: Honestly he was soooooo irritating!!! And stupid!!! He was also hard to think of as a different character than Eustace. I mean he just looks like Eustace!

Minho: Okay. I think Minho was my other favourite character. He was a strong, good guy. The leader of the runners he knows more about the maze than anyone else and he follows Thomas's lead. I just really liked him. :)

Umm, who else? Oh! Alby he wasn't that interesting, and Teresa was really not that interesting either. I'm sorry if this review is quite short, but I'm just being quick today. :) And most reviews take me quite a while, but this is easier. :)
In short the Maze-Runner is a interesting, different movie. And the ending? I have no idea what to think now! I hope I can read the books soon. Rogan and I are already talking about going to see the second when it comes out this year! :D

Anna-Lisa and Balian came over on Saturday and she watched Maze-Runner with us. Trahaearn was the only little one home and he wanted to hold his nephew. It was so cute! :D

God Bless
 

4 comments:

  1. We watched the maze runner a few months ago. The grievers were creepy. I liked the movie and thought that the actors did a good job. I am not sure if they will make a sequel. Anyhow it is a refreshing change in a time when Disney seems determined to reboot every significant film ever made.

    Balian is to cute. I want to come over and hold him too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Cool! Agreed, the grievers were really creepy! Yes, I really liked it too. They are making a sequel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Maze_Runner:_Scorch_Trials. I'm really looking forward to learning more about the world of the maze-runner! :)

      He is! :) Thank you. I love holding him, too. :)

      Delete
  2. It is really good.
    I know a spoiler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Yep, it is!
      Really? I don't want to know about it!

      Delete

Hello, please do comment won't you.? :)
I enjoy reading every single one, though I might not reply to them very quickly, be assured that I read and enjoyed each one.
God Bless! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...