Friday 25 October 2013

Why I am disgusted with House of Hades, by Rick Riordan

NOTE: Some of what I am going to mention in this post is not appropriate for all ages. I would not recommend people under the age of fourteen reading it. If you would like to know what this blog post is about, then please as a parent or someone who's judgement you trust to see if you can read it.

Okay, so what you may or may not know is that House of Hades by Rick Riordan, the fourth book out of the Heroes of Olympus series was released early this month. I have gradually been reading it, but now I've stopped. You see, I am disgusted with the author, and with one of my absolute favourite characters.
My Mum told me that some of her mother friends actually had decided that they were not going to let their children read this book. And seriously, that's not a bad idea.

Okay, so it started off, switching from a few characters at a time, which gets annoying, and something that actually really annoyed me, before the major thing, was how SLOW it was! I mean it's like the author was just like 'hmmm, what other boring catastrophe should I add in to make my book just a bit longer,' and that's all they were, boring things that just made me groan and want to bang my head against a tree.
But the thing that really ticked me off, made me feel disgusted and betrayed by, was the fact that he mentioned Homosexuality, and he seems to think that it is absolutely okay, and Nico Di Angelo, one of my favourite characters, liked Percy Jackson, (please excuse my I get some peanuts and throw them at a picture of Rick Riordan, and I might need a sicky bucket, because this whole thing grosses me out). And here's another thing, Jason thought it was okay! Just like that, another character was destroyed, though he was never one of my favourite characters it still was still terrible.
And just like that, Nico Di Angelo, one of my all time favourite characters, was destroyed. The cool son of Hades, has been transformed it a really wacko guy. I don't think I'll ever be able to read any of the other books which were before this one, even the Percy Jackson books, without remembering how disgusted I am. And that never makes for pleasant reading.
Okay, let's get something straight, there can be friendships between guys, just as there can be friendships between girls, but the kind of love he was talking about, is reserved for a married husband and wife. And if you don't know that, you're nuts.
I am actually working on another blog post which goes into a more in-depth opinion on this subject, but it is quite long so I have no idea when it will be posted.

Who knows, maybe one day, I'll be able to pick up House of Hades and finish it. I do want to finish it. But I am not interested currently. I am reading Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren and her good male characters aren't crackers, and her female characters are strong examples of good young women. Let me just say, it's a much better book then House of Hades. And I have a major crush on Marcello and Luca. :)


God Bless
 

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you I loved that series until Rick Riordan pretty much ruined it I still love Percy Jackson and the Olypians though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still like the Heroes of Olympus books even though they had that it it. I was disappointed with Rick Riordan and was really annoyed that it had that stuff in it. Percy Jackson and the Olympians will always be my favourite out of the two though, I think they are better anyway. :)

      Delete

Hello, please do comment won't you.? :)
I enjoy reading every single one, though I might not reply to them very quickly, be assured that I read and enjoyed each one.
God Bless! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...