Monday 23 September 2013

Batman Begins,

So yes, here it finally is, Batman Begins! Ha! Did you think that it'd be all three movies? Well, things change.
And actually what happened was that I was sort of like 'Hey, Saxon. Do you want to help me write a Batman blog post?' And he was like 'Sure, yeah.' So I wrote the blog post (he suggested splitting it) and his comments are in blue. He was the one who suggested me watching Batman and though I wish he did, he used to blog over at 'A Knights Quest'  he hasn't blogged in two years, so yeah. Enjoy the first part! :D
Part 1: Batman Begins

I remember that when the movie started I squeaked 'I'm watching Batman' I heard the Batman music *Da Daaaaaaaa* (yes, I've heard some of the music before) and I began to watch.
Now, Saxon told me pretty much everything about Batman Begins. Like pretty much the entire story line.  And some cool quotes, because without cool quotes movies pretty boring...But that was okay, I thought it was awesome anyway. One thing I had trouble with was that I couldn't quite work out how they were going to pollute the water but that's okay. The other thing was that there was a lot of night-time fighting And that's why they choose to have their "group therapy sessions in broad daylight".... sorry couldn't resist  Vellvin continue: and stuff, and seeing as I was a bit tired I had a little trouble focusing.
Batman Begins was a pretty awesome movie. It had a big build-up but it was nice to have the back-story of him being afraid of bats, and his Mum and Dad getting shot (Wouldn't exactly call that nice but anyways) and him running away. I thought it was good how his Dad asked him why do we fall down.  His Father seemed like a pretty nice guy. It was kind of weird, having Gotham City which isn't even a real city, and not New York (Which gets blown to bits in every second movie action/superhero/scifi , partly I was annoyed and partly I liked it better that way.
Batman Begins is darker (Well he is the Dark Knight...and Bruce Wayne....and the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs aaaaand....)then any other super hero movie I have seen (excluding the second, and the third which I will watch soon). Even the Amazing Spiderman isn't as dark (Though it was an amazing movie :P), I believe. Though I've only seen it once all the way through, and it was dark nevertheless.

Well, a guy who dresses up like a bat clearly has issues.- Bruce Wayne/Batman
I really liked Bruce Wayne/Batman. He was pretty awesome, also he's very handsome. :) (*Groan*) I loved the fact that whenever you see him he's either in his Batman suit or a business suit. I've watched HISHE before and Batman is usually one of the primary characters in that, so I'd already heard sort of how his voice was. I know its Batman's voice and all but it was a little hard to take seriously anyway. I liked it how Batman is older than most of the other super heroes. He just seems more mature, more I don't know. Stable? In who he is and what he needs to do. Did anyone else grin when Earle rings him up and he replies with just the same line he used on him. That was funny! We need more Batmans don't we?


What is the point of all those push-ups if you can't even lift a ****** log?- Alfred (The answer being, as usual, because he's Batman)
Alfred. Now we all know how loyal British butlers are, don't we? Because Alfred is no exception. He's known Bruce all his life. I loved it in the flash backs when Alfred tells him when Bruce asks is he's given up on him and Alfred just like' Nu-uh!' type thing. He's fiercely loyal, he knows what to do and when to do it. He is sooooooo much better than Harry's butler from Spiderman! (Tell me about it!!) I mean, yeah that was soooooo helpful telling him that his father died from the glider. At least two years after it happened. Yeah, that was so helpful. Anyway, back to Batman. Alfred is one of the few people who knows that Bruce is Batman and all around we all just want to give him a hug, don't we?


Yield.-Bruce Wayne
Henri Ducard: You haven't beaten me. You've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke. He taps the ice with his sword, plunging Bruce into the water. (I loved this part out of the movie! It was so funny!)
Henri Ducard/ Ra's al Ghul in other words-villian
Okay, so Batman Begins had a few villians but the most primary of these was Henri, also known as Ra's al Ghul. So we all liked him at the start didn't we? He is Liam Neeson after all, and he Liam Neeson is Qui-Gon Jinn and everyone likes Qui-Gon Jinn. His voice is awesome and its so gentle, so its hard to have him as a bad guy. When he trains Bruce was very interesting, he was not merciful, not gentle, he was entirely the opposite, hard, unyielding, and unmerciful. And with a thirst for justice even of it means killing millions to boot...But if you think about it, that't probably what Bruce needed to get him to what he needed to be, namely Batman. I really liked it how he suddenly just 'showed up' at Bruce's party and then they're just talking casually like old friends as the people have/are leaving. Now, it was very much like a bad guy to leave six of his henchmen to finish the job of killing the hero, obviously it didn't work, and it's never going to work for any bad guy. Batman meets him on the train, and knocks him down, so that he crashes with the train. And that's the end of him. Or is it?


Rachel Dawes- Basically the 'heroine' of Batman Begins. Best friend of Bruce Wayne when they were children, she tried to slap some sense into him after Chill's trial (literally) and she has no qualms about telling him what she thinks of him.

I like the fact that she's rather spunky and not stupid, she thinks Scarecrow is doing something fishy and she's ready to find out what it is


Commissioner Gordon- The uncorrupt police officer, who believes in Batman, even when others don't. He's out there to do good, and he comforts Bruce the night his parents die. He's pretty cool, always seroius and with a few good lines as well. 


Scarecrow-villian and mad scientist, you know its funny how he's still running around in the Dark Knight Rises and no one knows what happens to him at the end. He is soooo irritating, and a little loony as well.  "Death. By exile."


Lucius Fox. Okay, so we all like him. He's rather witty, and smart and knows what he's doing in every situation. He helps Bruce with his high-tech weapons and walks him through them. He also, though Bruce does not say it to his face, suspect he is Batman.  ("The Tumbler? Oh, you wouldn't ne interested in that...")





God Bless

4 comments:

  1. Cool post, I love how you did it with your writing and your brother's comments. Qui-Gon!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arda, thanks! I really enjoyed reading his comments as well. :) Qui-Gon indeed! :D

    God Bless,
    Vellvin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. Batman Begins is a great movie...if a little dark. Yeah, Liam Neeson makes a great villan and scarecrow is creepy. Its hard to post when you have already said everything that I want to say:)
    Rachael Dawes, Jim Gordon and Mr. Fox are great supporting characters. We own all but the third movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish Saxon was posting more. He writes interesting articles.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, please do comment won't you.? :)
I enjoy reading every single one, though I might not reply to them very quickly, be assured that I read and enjoyed each one.
God Bless! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...