Thursday 25 July 2013

What on earth have I been doing???????

I sort of just disappeared and to me, after blogging so consistently on here for the past few months it felt a little bit strange, but it was good anyway.
So what have I been doing? What has been happening?


Well reading is one of the things I have been doing. Okay and yeah, I've only been reading one series of books recently. In fact that picture of me you see above this is me finishing the second in the series. The series is 'The Percy Jackson and the Olympians'. Probably the thing that started us with reading these books was watching the movie based on the first book. And Anna-Lisa was the one who suggested watching it, and even showed me and Eden the trailer of it, when we went down for the Lady's night and Kitchen Tea. We didn't get around to watching it but Eden wanted to get it from the Video shop and we watched. I've seen it three times now. Gosh, that's a lot of times since just before the wedding. I've got to admit, i have never been a big fan of reading the Greek myths. Never.

The idea of Gods and Goddesses was just an idea which I seriously disagreed with, even if the stories are not true. The Gods were always selfish, 'all about them' type attitude. And that's an outsiders opinion, just so you know. The Percy Jackson series is good, entertaining, funny (Hades is really funny) and awesome (like who doesn't like the idea of a pen that turns into a sword?)

What else? Well, I've been listening to this really cool aduibook written by Gordon Korman. It's called Unsinkable and there are two other books after Unsinkable (which I finished today). So I want my brother to put the

nest book on Mum's I-Pod so I can listen to it! Daniels not dead!!!!! :D And I like Paddy, and Alfie. Sophie is alright and I don't like Julia very much at all!

Coughing, yep I've had a cough and runny nose and everything else that happens when you have a cold. And so yep, coughing still.



I watched MIB for the first time ever the other night. It was very entertaining and funny. 'I'm sorry, was that your auntie?' Best line! :D

Plotting out cast for a Rangers Apprentice movie if we (Eden, Saxon, Rogan, and I, and Mum a bit too) ever had the budget and the means to do it. It's alright you know we've got Christian Bale as Gilan, Benedict Cumberbatch as Keren, Christopher Lee as Tennyson, probably Robert Downey jr. as Halt, Jennifer Lawrence as Alyss, James Franco as Horace, Hugh Jackman as Erak,  Russel Crowe's Slagor, Richard Armitage is Svengal, Will Smith is Selethen and yeah you get the idea. We'll need like a six-hundred-million-dollar budget. Oh yeah, and we'll need some epic music? Who knows how much that'll cost! :D But it was very, very fun!

Portrait: He loves this book and I have to ding the rhyme to him over and over and over and .......
This was from another day when Mum was reading it to him but nevertheless he was very enraptured anyway. :) 
Reading aloud to my little borther Trahaearn yesterday. I even put him to sleep! We read it like six times! The Boy with a Drum, I mean and I coughed a bit as well Not to mention we had read a few books before that!
And yes, that's it! Besides school and stuff like that.
Cheerio!

God Bless

10 comments:

  1. And Howard Shore to do the music! :)I might have read Ranger's Apprentice if I had realized it was so interesting when I was younger, but I don't know. Have I outgrown itat? (I'm 19)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JT for the comment!
    Howard Shore could do an awesome job I agree! But maybe combining a few composers could work as well, Saxon suggested to me this morning.:)
    I frankly don't think that you can really outgrow Ranger's Apprentice, they are books for all ages. My Mum and Dad love them and my twenty-three year old brother as well. And just so you know before you read them, the name 'Rangers' is not based off LOTR! :)

    God Bless,
    Vellvin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found them but I can't tell which one is the beginning. Which are the first three?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey JT! :)
    In chronological order, there are eleven books, soon to be twelve.
    Book 1: The Ruins of Gorlan, Book 2: The Burning Bridge, Book 3: The Icebound Land, Book 4: Oakleaf Bearers(in America I think it is called the Battle for Skandia) Book 5: The Sorcerer in the North, Book 6: The Seige of Macindaw, Book 7: Erak's Ransom, Book 8: The King's of Clonmel, Book 9: Halt's Peril, Book 10: The Emperor of Nihon-Ja, and Book 11, The Lost Stories.

    I know you only asked for the first three, but it was fun just to list them all! :D Tell me what you think of them once you've read a few!

    God Bless,
    Vellvin

    ReplyDelete
  5. im not sure you know me its been for ever since ive posted anything of writtin anything to your brother saxon (im his penpal)but about the making rangers apprentice a movie a think it would be a great idea although i would buget it more in the 100 to 140 million area based on the fact that the lord of the rings moiveis only cost about 94 million each. i think your ideas for the cast would be great though.
    and maybe if i get lucky and nobody does so before me ill get to direct it (as that is my carrer choice) altho the selected cast will have outgrown there parts by then. all the god actors will probably be out of the buissnes by the time a i be able to direct a big budget film o well.personaly i thought that m.i.b. was a little grusome for a comedy but otherwise i loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Daniel! Yeah, sure I remember you. Yeah, well that's the problem with actors, they tend to age as well. :)
    MIB was pretty funny but I reckon it should have been classed an 'action/comedy'
    I think being a director would be cool!

    God Bless,
    Vellvin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the rest of the Percy Jackson books! :D I wasn't really interested in Greek myths before it either. I haven't read Rangers Apprentice but that sounds like a super cool cast. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will. :) I'm up to book four but taking a bit of a break. Yes, we thought so, too.

    God Bless,
    Vellvin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word!!! The Titanic series by Gordon Korman is my favourite thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous, hey, glad you stopped by! :) I finished it and I was very sad that Alfie died. :(

    God Bless,
    Vellvin.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, please do comment won't you.? :)
I enjoy reading every single one, though I might not reply to them very quickly, be assured that I read and enjoyed each one.
God Bless! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...