Monday 13 May 2013

An Introduction to Catholicism: Part One: What is so wrong with being Catholic and are Catholics, Christians?

NOTE: This is what I believe, I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone but just remember my site, my right, I am trying to explain the Catholic faith to people who do not understand it is all.

Being Catholic is one of the best things that ever happened to me!
If you did not know, we converted to Catholicism in 2006 on the 3rd Sunday in Advent. It was a very special day but we had gone many Sundays before to this church, a catholic church, called Our Lady of Lourdes. It wasn't a very nice church in some ways and in others it was.
Anyway onto the first question? Are you a Christian or a Catholic?
I had a friend ask me on Skype one day. "So what's the difference between a Catholic and a Christian?"
And I answered her as best as I could. Here is what I said:
"There is no difference, Catholics are Christians. They were first called so at Antioch in the before that they just called themselves Nazarenes,"
It was a much longer answer than this and part of it was what I have mentioned below, I also can't remember what other names the early Christians called themselves, I think it was something like 'new Jew' or something like that. Sorry :).
from Catholic Memes, facebook page.  
I remember having someone ask me on blogger. "So are you a Christian?" Um, hello? I'm a Catholic. I don't think I explained that well back then, but now I think I am more up to the task. :)

A person who says that they are a Christian is summed up with what they believe in these beliefs.
'You believe in Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and who suffered and died to save us from sins and rose again.
That's summed up what a Christian is, and that's what Catholics are.
And so ends AIC: Part 1

God Bless
 

1 comment:

  1. Also Catholics take the real Body and Blood of Christ blessed by a priest and you're right being a Catholic is awesome a sad thing is that my older brother and sister still aren't sure if God is real could you pray that they will believe God Bless you :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello, please do comment won't you.? :)
I enjoy reading every single one, though I might not reply to them very quickly, be assured that I read and enjoyed each one.
God Bless! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...